It has come to my attention that e-mails such as the ones below are circulating to my family & friends:
I would like to introduce a really good company that mainly do the electornic products trade.
Now the company is doing promotion,all of it’s products are sold nearly as same as their cost.
It redeners the best service to customers,it provide you original products which is
good quality,and what’s more,the pricewill give you a big surprise!
It is realy a good opportunity for doing shopping.Just grasp the opportunity,or there will be no more than that!
The web address: [insert above address here and this is a link which I have not clicked]
i would like to introduce a good company who trades mainly about electornic products.Now the company is under sales promotion ,all the products are sold nearly at its cost.If order more,they will give big discount for you.(20% to 30% discount).They provide the best service to customers,they provide you with original products of good quality,and what is more,the price is a surprising happiness to you!
It is realy a good chance for shopping.just grasp the opportunity,Now or never! Website [insert above address here and this is a link which I have not clicked]
If you receive such e-mails, please ignore them & delete IMMEDIATELY from your Inbox!!! I can’t determine whether your accounts have been compromised or not, however, I can offer two explanations as to how they can be so:
- Someone has seen you type your password over your shoulder (This is the simplest technical explanation).
- Your computer has been infected with some kind of phising worm that has recorded your keystrokes & used your e-mail accounts to send unsolicited junk e-mails to your entire address book.
For now, if you’ve been compromised, just e-mail your contacts with a simple explanation of what happened to your account & assure them that you now have complete control of your account. Advise them as well to secure their accounts to prevent this from happening to their e-mail.
Next, enhance your account’s protection to prevent this from happening again, moreover, ensure that you’re the only person who has access to your account. Here are the steps:
- Change your password as well as your secret question & answer regularly to increase the privacy of your account. You can use several combinations of letter cases & numbers to make your password harder to decode.
- Properly log out of your account after your (Gmail, Yahoo!, Lycos, Excite etc) session by clicking the “Sign Out” button on the upper-right side of your Inbox.
- When using a public terminal, always clear your Temporary Internet Files (cache) & close the browser that you were using before ending your Internet session.
- Start Internet Explorer.
- On the “Tools” Menu, click “Internet Options”.
- Under the Browsing History, click “Delete”.
- In the Delete Browsing History window, click “Delete Cookies”.
- When you’re prompted to confirm the deletion, click “Yes”. It may take several minutes to delete these files if you have a lot of them.
- For other browsers, please refer to the Help files of that browser…
The following precautions are also very beneficial:
- Don’t share your password to anyone even if they claim that they’re persons of authority.
- Be sure not to click “Remember My Password/Remember Me On This Computer” at your e-mail login page if you’re using a public computer (i.e. cyber cafe). Enabling this feature will allow users to automatically sign in to your account & bypass the username & password authentication portion.
If you’re wondering where to get good security solutions for your PC/Laptop, download the following:
- avast! antivirus…
- Mozilla Firefox Web Browser… (it’s more secure than Internet Explorer)
- Spyware Terminator…
Incase of any further inquiries, don’t hesitate to drop me a line…